You know the feeling - that gentle tug of a place
that draws you to it. You may not at first even be aware of it
or the pull might be instantaneous. What draws you there? Why?
Is it a sight, smell, or a memory from your past that is jarred?
The connection you feel is undeniable as you look around and drink it all in.
You feel comfortable there, like the familiarity of home.
For each of us what attracts us is a matter of personal experience, preference and choice.
But, the message is clear - this place is somehow part of us;
it’s a whisper of who we were, are, or would like to be that draws us in
and gives us pause.
For each of us the experience is a bit different. It might be the solitude and solace
of a place that attracts us or the sense of community and the warmth of friendship.
For others it might be a sense of familiarity. It may be the special beauty of a place
or the humbling feeling that we are in the midst of something somehow
greater than ourselves that gives us a sense of belonging.
Maybe it’s the simple recognition that where you are represents a
different time and place, a window into another world gone forever.
- Seeking the Past Historical Consulting
- Seeing the Past: Stories on the Trail of a Yankee Millwright
Saving the Farm; A Journey through Time, Place, and Redemption
- Excerpt from Saving the Farm; A Journey through Time, Place, and Redemption
- Praise for Saving the Farm; A Journey through Time, Place, and Redemption
- Interview about Writing Saving the Farm
- Interview with the Guilford Courier & New London Day
- Interview with the New Haven Register
- Reader Reviews for Saving the Farm
- Contact and Order Page for Seeing the Past or Saving the Farm
- Seeking the Past Blog
- Interview with Ann Nyberg, TV 8
Past Event and Reading Schedule
- Book Signing at Breakwater Books March 16th
- Reading at the Guilford Free Library, March 26, 2013
- New England Authors: Reading May 18, 2013
- Reading and Signing at RJ Julia's Book Seller May 7th
- Reading at Essex Books, Centerbrook, Ct May 19th
- Wallingford Public Library, June 10, 2013
- Readings the Fall of 2013
- Reading at the Totoket Historical Society
- Upcoming Winter Readings and Events
- New England Independent Book Sellers Nomination
- The Dudley Farm Web Page
- Saving the Farm; A Journey through Time, Place, and Redemption